Friday, January 4, 2013

Freezer/Pantry Living

With the holidays approaching, a few snow days, and a pending vacation, I really didn't want to go to the grocery store.  I resorted to living off food I already had in my freezer/pantry. My fridge really had nothing in it (which is not my style!) I had potatoes, that was my only fresh vegetable. I try to freeze things when I have too much, especially meat and sauces. Well, then I got back from vacation, and was sick, and really didn't want to go to the store. So I had to get creative! Here are a few of my meals that I came up with...

1. Cubans- I used frozen pulled pork and frozen bread from Costco- It is AMAZING!
2. Spaghetti and Meatballs (frozen from the stuffing meatballs I made)
3. Chili (from the soup swap)
4. Italian Tortellini (from the soup swap)
5. Pot Stickers with fried Quinoa rice
6. Kiddie lunch- Chicken Nuggets and Truffle fries (I like to have chicken nuggets on hand for days when I am SUPER lazy!)
7. Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Mac & Cheese


I'm not going to lie, I'm ready to go to the store and start cooking for real again! Stay tuned for some new recipes! My shopping list is getting longer! 



So as I was writing this, I realized that I used this Costco bread A LOT! Well, it is just that good!

10 Things about Costco Bread
1. It is only available in the winter, so stock up! 
2. It comes with 10 loaves for $9.99 
3. It is in the freezer section at Costco.  
4. When you want bread, you can have it, 20 minutes later!  
5. It comes out HOT! 
6. You also will eat the whole thing in one meal, so no moldy, crusty bread, wasted.  
7. It has 2 loaves in each bag, you can cook one or both!
8. It is great dipped in olive oil and spices. 
9. Cut it up-side-down as to not squish it. 
10. In a pinch, you can use it as sandwich bread for a hoagie style sandie!




Pot Stickers from Trader Joe's (these are also really good for frozen food) with Quinoa "Fried Rice"


Soup Swap Soups, So glad we did this! I have had 2 of these in the past week!


Spaghettin and Stuffing Meatballs (post to come later!)


No comments:

Post a Comment