Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cuban Sandies

I first learned of the Cuban Sandwich when I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise.  It was one of my favorite things to order if I wasn't in the mood for a burger.  A true Cuban sandwich is made on Cuban bread, which I have not found yet here in KC. But here is my take on the Cuban!

Ingredients for 1: 
hoagie
2 slices of ham
1/3 cup pulled pork**
1 slice swiss cheese
2 slices of pickles
yellow mustard
mayo
melted butter

Directions in pictures first! 

1. Spread on mayo and mustard   2. Add ham  3. Add pulled pork
4. Add swiss cheese   5. Add pickle slices   6. Brush with melted butter
7. Place on panini pan & cook till warm and cheese is nice and gooey. 8. Place on cutting board 9. Cut
10. ENJOY!

**I cook a large batch of the pulled pork in the crock pot and freeze it.  I use the pork in tamales, Cubans, and BBQ sandwiches.

Made By You Monday Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment