Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tiffany Blue, Just For You

Over Spring Break, I decided that I was going to do something special for my mom. She had been spending a lot of time at the hospital with her boyfriend, Bob, and didn't have time to do much for herself.  I told her I was going to re-do one of her rooms, but I wouldn't tell her which one.  I decided to take her 1970's laundry room, and transform it into a girly Tiffany Blue.

So I went to work. The wallpaper in that room had been there since my parents bought the house in 1983.  There were 2 layers and it was UGLY! I bought a wallpaper remover called Chomp to help me get started.

After 2 days of stripping wallpaper, it was finally time to prime it.  I primed all of the walls and trim.  At the last minute, I decided, why not do the cabinets too. So I set off to sand and prime them.

Jackie, Kent, & I painted and painted.  Then Kent came over to help me put up these cool hooks we found at Hobby Lobby.  I sewed a curtain, and my sister helped accessorize with homemade laundry soap and some bins. My mom even added a chandelier that she got from my grandma's house.











My mom loves it and so do I! She deserves it!


7 comments:

  1. It turned out great - awesome idea! We don't have a picture from this angle, but walking into the room looks nice as well as the brooms are hidden behind the white cubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drawn to read your blog because of the color, and I kept reading because I thought what you did for your mother was so sweet! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! My mom totally deserved it!

      Delete
  3. Such a happy color--it totally transforms the room! What a kind gift for your mom.

    I am honored to be your first Google follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just now starting this blog thing! Thanks for being my first Google follower! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm stopping by for a visit from Kelly's Korner today.
    Wow! What a transformation!
    I especially love the lighting and the tiffany blue wall paint color.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete